BookRatMisty

BookRatMisty

The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret Series #1)

The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret Series #1) - This is a book that I think people will either love or hate, stylistically. And if someone had told me that the author does certain things, employs a certain stlye, I probably would have told you that I would fall on the 'hate' side, as the author uses one of my biggest pet peeves in his writing: asides to the reader. Surprisingly, though, I didn't mind these for the most part. They fit with the tone and voice of the book, and were done in a cute way that was fairly unobtrusive (though be warned, some may disagree or be confused by them).The book tells the story of two eleven year old oddball outcasts who get sucked into persual of "the Secret" in their attempts to solve a local disappearance and rescue a kidnapped friend.The characters are fun and over the top, the villains just creepy enough and the heroes by no means perfect. The language is fun and engaging, if at times difficult. There is an appendix to the book that provides links to things within the book, experiments and games for the readers to try out, circus vocabulary (which will make sense when you read the book), etc. This is a nice touch and provides opportunities for parents and teachers to help children make connections with the book and be interactive.