BookRatMisty

BookRatMisty

Hello My Name Is Bob

Hello My Name Is Bob - Linas Alsenas This was a quick read aloud after one of the children's summer reading programs. I thought the cover was cute, but I probably would never have looked into it if one of the volunteers at the library hadn't brought it over and said it was good. A group of us promptly opened it up, and it was instantly charming. Bob the Bear is boring. His favorite place is empty parking lot, and his favorite thing to do is sit. His friend Jack the Panda is zany and energetic. Bob and Jack are contrasted through out the story, with Bob concluding that even though they are such very different bears, they make great friends, a cute and unobtrusive moral. The illustrations are deceptively simple, revealing great work on closer examination. Bob's and Jack's characters are obvious even through their illustrations, and their differences are humorous and charming. The language is simple and straight forward, and really seems to give Bob voice. There really wasn't anything about this book I didn't like.