BookRatMisty

BookRatMisty

Witch Craft: Wicked Assesories, Spellbinding Jewelry, Creepy-cute Toys, and More!

Witch Craft: Wicked Accessories, Creepy-Cute Toys, Magical Treats, and More! - Margaret McGuire, Alicia Kachmar First off, I have to thank Tiffany and Eric (both of Quirk books), the former for suggesting this one to me, and the latter for sending it. Thanks, guys!This little craft book is absolutely delightful! It's compiled from a wide variety of sources, so there's a little something for everybody, no matter your aesthetic or crafting skill level. Nearly every page I turned elicited an "Ooh, I wanna make that!" or an "Oh, that's just awesome!" There are decorative ideas, costume ideas, gift ideas, party snacks -- it's sort of limitless. Especially when you consider the inspiration factor. An idea you see in the book may spur another idea, which dominoes into something all its own. The design is really nice, too. It's not a huge bulky book, and it has nice-sized full-color photos of all of the crafts. There's also a section in the back that has info on where to get some of the products used, as well as an extensive list of independent sellers from etsy and the like (many of whom were contributors on the book.)I fully intend to make some of these and (just sayin') the winner of the Helluva Halloween Tricks and Treats Grab bag may end up with a little something from one of my favorite ideas in here...Basically, if you're crafty, or you're looking for a fun project to do with your kids or girl scouts troup or mom's club or whatever gets you to get your craft on, I'd pick this one up. It's worth it.