BookRatMisty

BookRatMisty

Mairelon the Magician

Mairelon the Magician - Patricia C. Wrede I'll try to review this in full later, but for now:I read this as part of the A Matter of Magic set, which has this and the next book in 1 volume; since I'm not done reading A Matter of Magic, and don't know when I'll get back to it, I'll just talk about this individually for now.Basically, I love Patricia C Wrede. She writes characters that I just adore, and this - mostly - was no exception. Everything was going along swimmingly until suddenly it WASN'T. I'm giving this a 4 because I'm setting aside this HUGE WEIRD PERIOD at the end that went effing crazy. Turned into a total slap-stick sideshow. I'm pretty sure that EVERY character in the book was gathered in 1 room, and all under suspicion, at one point. And then they all Scooby Doo-ed.You know that thing where everyone just spills their guts and WAY overshares, explaining away every damn thing? That.That happened.I hate that.But it was like some weird glitch, or something, because aside from that (and my sometimes-irritation at the slang), I really enjoyed this.